Friday, August 17, 2007

At least I can still watch The Bachelor



We finally got internet in the apartment today so I stayed in tonight thinking I would catch up on some Betty, but ABC doesn't allow people outside of the US to watch the show online. Fascists. Oh well, it was a good day anyway... the computers were down at school, which would normally be bad, but we got to go home at 10, so we headed straight for the beach, which was nice. The closest beach is in Puerto Colombia, it has little huts and the water felt nice on such a hot day.

OH! I forgot the best part of the day. I can't believe it! We had an assembly this morning and Brad got up and sang and danced in front of the whole secondary school!!! I would have killed for a camera. He did such a good job, I was really proud of him. When classes resumed after the assembly I faced a classroom full of kids with their arms crossed over their chests, berating me for not getting on stage with Brad. Imagine this in with a heavy latino accent:
"Ms. Straw. Why did you not dance with your prometido? He was up there and you just left him!"
But Brad did fine on his own.

We have a three day weekend, so we're going to relax and explore. I'll post pictures soon.

No comments: