Friday, August 10, 2007

TIC

TIC stands for This is Colombia and is usually said with a shrug. For example: the phones at school don't work because someone dug the phone lines out of the ground and stole them. When the director of the school told us this she finished by saying, "This is Colombia." Enough said.

Example 2: I have a HUGE air conditioning unit in my classroom, probably like 15 feet long, and while I was working in my room the whole thing came crashing to the ground. After standing there in shock for a while I ran to get a maintenance guy who in reply to my statement, "I can't believe this happened," said, "this is Colombia." Again, enough said.

Now I'm dealing with a far worse TIC problem. I went to a birthday party last night and started having tummy trouble around 10. I came home, took a shower and went to bed thinking I would wake up feeling better in the morning. Apparently I had forgotten where I was. I woke up at about 3 am and threw up at least 10 times without even taking a breath. This mixed with stabbing pains in my abdomen and diarrhea made for a miserable morning. I guess I ate or drank the wrong thing, but I have no idea what it was. Ah well, TIC and it's all part of the experience. I'm feeling better now and I'm sure I'll be up to snuff in no time.

Next post...the maid! We're interviewing one at three. I'll also post some pictures of my classroom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a TIC is not so bad, it's just the room at the top of the house!

Anonymous said...

Sarah

I hope you are feeling better! Don't drink the water. HA

We got set up on Skype last night and tested it out with the parents so we need to talk!

Can't wait to hear from you,
A & A

Laura said...

It looks like it has been a great adventure so far!! Your apartment is really nice. Keep in touch, you know my email!

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog. I'm also wondering how many pairs of shoes your closet holds as it looks pretty full!

I hope you're feeling better. Be safe!