Friday, September 14, 2007

Go Hawks!

All week I've been concocting a plan to teach the 8th graders the Iowa fight song and have them sing it to Brad, who for those of you that don't know, is a Cyclone fan.
Here's how it went down:
Today is the Colombian Valentine's Day (Love and Friendship Day) and the kids are all jacked up on sugar. When they come into class I have the fight song written on the board, which they quickly learn. Then I we all sing along to the youtube version. Really loud. After I'm sure they have it I send a kid down to Brad's class to tell him that I need him in my class. When "Mr. Paul" opens the door he is hit with some very hyper Hawkeye spirit. We pulled it off perfectly.
Later, Brad comes into my room, which we'd anticipated, to say that his 6th graders had something for me. So I, along with the 8th graders, went to Brad's room where the kids were standing on tables and chairs chanting "ISU!" We were ready to fire back with "Let's go Hawks!" and it's a miracle anyone made it out with eardrums intact.

No comments: