Saturday, January 26, 2008

just to clarify...

My father expressed concern about my students saying I was DRUNK during the garabatos. I wasn't drunk, they saw me drinking a beer and reached their own conclusions. It's very hilarious for them to see me outside of school and even better if they see me drinking outside of school.
The thing is that during Carnival the students see everyone drinking: parents, teachers, grandmas...the whole city parties. Colombians have a funny way of excusing themselves for this behavior, they blame it on Joselito. Joselito is the Colombian version of the devil on your shoulder (I've never heard of an angel counterpart) and he is to blame for all types of bad behavior. The last day of Carnival is a funeral for Joselito, complete with a coffin and priests, where people line the streets to weep, "Ay Joselito..."
I think my Joselito is already dead. About the only thing I've done this weekend is watch movies.

No comments: