Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My week so far

On Monday I fell down the stairs. I'm fine, but it was a little alarming. One second I'm walking down the stairs, the next second I'm on my face. Yesterday a student came up to me whining, "Ay, missis, I just hit my head with the wall," (they have trouble with prepositions) and I'm like, "Oh yeah? Well yesterday I fell down the stairs."

On Tuesday I got hauled into the office because the eighth graders are complaining that I don't explain the book to them, or as the they say, "Explain to us the book." So I treated my classes to a 20 minute lecture about my teaching philosophy, complete with pictures and then took them outside to play Red Rover. I think we understand each other now.

I also got a manicure and pedicure yesterday, which all together cost ten dollars. Normally I hate nail files, but for a five dollar manicure I can be brave.

This week we're wrapping up the eighth grade murder mystery unit and I've decided that there's no better way to conclude than by showing Clue.

No comments: