Saturday, March 22, 2008

More Easter

While I was writing that last post I heard a brass band start up outside the window. I hadn't even realized that a couple hundred people had gathered outside the church.
I've been watching for about twenty minutes, hanging way out of the window to get the best view. Don't worry I hooked the hammock around my waist to make sure I wouldn't fall.
I really have no idea, but here's what I think I see:
Two statues, each one carried by ten people swaying back and forth. The statues are about 50 feet apart, and moving toward each other. One looks, for sure, like a grown Jesus, the second is facing away from me so I have no idea what it is, but it could be a baby Jesus because it's small. While the people carry the statues together two alter boys stand in the middle swinging incense. When the statues meet the people in the crowd go crazy and the priest rushes out to bless the now joined statues.
Now people are milling around the statues and dancing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are the statues chocolate since it's Easter? Biting into a nougat filled baby Jesus statue would bring a smile to the face of any child.