Monday, March 17, 2008

Straw Family Vacation








Mas contentos que cachacos en playa.


Speaking of the fish Dad says, "This is just like Canada. Only hotter."


Here are some lyrics to the songs they played for us:
"I went looking for one woman, but God gave me two."
"I bring my woman endless amounts of love. But all she wants to do is fight."
"Que viva las mujeres! Because they're the ones that make us work."
Now you know why Brad is smiling.


This lady made us watermelon juice to go with our rum, but at some points in the day Mom forwent the watermelon juice for rum straight up. "I never drink rum," she says. "But this is just so smooth."


Both Brad and Adam got pedicures. The next day they were digging in the sand with their feet, seeing who could dig the biggest hole and Dad yells, "Hey! You boys are gonna ruin your pedicures!"


The owner of the cigar store is giving the boys a history of the shop, "Bill Clinton has been here three times. He likes cigars, you know."
"Yeah," says Adam. "We heard."


Dad says, "I felt bad about not taking that rum shot that he gave me."
"Don't worry," says Brad. "I took it for you."


"We're just sitting here enjoying our awesomeness."


Mom says, " I read that it's a sin to leave Cartagena without taking a horse-drawn carriage ride."
"Adam's allergic to horses," says Angela.
"I'm afraid of horses."
"Fine!" Says Mom, as she throws her hands up in the air, looking to the sky, probably asking God why she was given such a totally dorky family.

No comments: