Tuesday, May 20, 2008

chiva

I'm home sick today. Got a little fever, sore throat, but I'm pretty sure I'll live. So now that I have all day I have time to post the chiva pictures from two weekends ago.

A chiva is a party bus complete with a live band. For 25,000 pesos we got a bus ticket, a bottle of rum and transportation to four different bars.

The best part about the chiva was the drive to the first bar. They took us on a little tour around town and people on the street just went crazy when they heard/saw the chiva coming, it helped that our friend Chris was hanging out the window passing out rum shots.

The last bar we went to was on the beach, about a twenty minute drive from our apartment. By that time I was thinking about getting a cab home, but we didn't end up staying all that long anyway. The bus dropped everyone off at La Troja, a salsa bar, where we hear the party lasted until 6 am, but Brad and I went home early, 4 am.














3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the taxi man; driving his taxi and taking a shot! Ha! Is that the taxi you took home?!

Unknown said...

PS-I think that your bus driver might be pregnant?

Sarah said...

Ha! No, we didn't ride with him, that taxi driver was just lucky enough to be driving by when Chris was passing out shots!
There's another picture of a guy taking a shot underneath his motorcycle helmet.