Friday, June 13, 2008

Monserrate

We could see the church in the distance and just kept walking toward it. Along the way several people warned us about getting robbed, but I feel like that is kind of an unhelpful warning. I mean, what are we supposed to do about it? But we didn´t get robbbed. I think people might have thought we were intending to climb all the way to the top, but apparently it´s only safe to do that on Sunday when big groups of people go.
The funicular wasn´t running so we took the cable car up. It was steep and I was a little nervous, but obviously we made it up safely.
Monserrate has the double attraction of a church and a view. The view was really amazing. Bogota is huge! Seven million people sprawled across a shallow basin. It made me feel kind of dizzy.
After taking in the view we ate an over-priced lunch and then went back to the embassy to pick up my new, thicker passport.










No comments: