Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rio Dulce/Livingston

After Antigua we had to make a quick stop in Guatemala City. From there our plan was to go to Livingston and find a beach. To get to Livingston we had to first go to Rio Dulce and then take a two hour boat ride down the river. While we were waiting for the boat in Rio Dulce we talked to two Californian attorneys who had just come from Belize and convinced us we should check it out. Fortunately the best way to get to Belize is from Livingston, just a 45 minute boat ride, so we were on track. But that gave us only one night in Livingston, which is too bad, it's a pretty cool place. Livingston is inhabited by the Garifuna, black Carribean people with their own language, food, music and dance.

Down the Rio Dulce




We rode down the river with a couple of Dutch




The coco loco. Don't I look crazy?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,
Looks like you are having a great summer traveling! I hope the wedding planning is going well. We are having our welcome/rehersal dinner at Rockhouse, just down the road from Tensing Pen but I highly recommend Three Dives, also down the road, very casual and fun, you may be able to have a bonfire by the cliff and the food is DELICIOUS!, did I say DELICIOUS, did I capitalize it, ummm it is so good. I've also eaten at Kuyaba and Norma's which I've read is great for groups, I think Norma's has a private room.

I created the layouts from memory and because our group is so large, and to accomodate my design decor, we are having the wedding in the restaurant. The pool, garden and sea song hut are also great places to have it depending on the size of your group.


Happy planning!