Sunday, September 14, 2008

The adventure is normal

I've been feeling bored lately with the daily grind: work, gym, home, sleep, repeat...I know this is just what working adults do, but I started to feel like if that's all we were going to do we should at least do it closer to our families.
The other night I'm saying all this to Brad, "There's no adventure anymore...we never do anything exciting." Imagine me with my lower lip sticking out, head in hand, feeling very sorry for myself.
"It's still an adventure," he says. "It's just normal to us now."
My head snaps up. He's right! Barranquilla is still a wacky, wild place it just feels normal. The other day I didn't even think it was weird when the crazy lady who lives in the park chased me across the street, that's just what she does.
So, you see, life is normal here...and there just isn't much to blog about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure we could find a crazy lady to chase you guys around Des Moines if you are really looking for adventure.
Welp gotta go, my mom just called, hey that gives me an idea...

Sarah said...

Ha! I think your sister has chased me across the street more times than your mom!
About the Slingbox...you're no longer our friend.