Monday, September 22, 2008

back

We're back from the beach. It was nice, Tagana is a really small place. I was talking to one of the many men selling bracelets on the beach and he pointed and asked, "Do you see that dog over there? That's the cousin of that dog. All the dogs are cousins, just like the people." I throw my head back and laugh, "hahahaha,"
"No, really," he says, "only five families live here."
All these people from five families?
But his story was backed up by almost everyone I talked to, some people said it's only four families.
It's not unbelievable though, it's a secluded fishing village, not that easily reached and there's not much room for growth either, just a small spot between the hills.
We got more than enough sun. Brad is so red. I have a lot of little sore spots where I forgot to put sunscreen, but we feel refreshed after our short vacation. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No, really," he says, "only five families live here."

I bet the kids with four earlobes and arms growing out of the tops of their heads made sense after you heard that.