Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thank you!

One of the best parts of a birthday is the mail. Otherwise boring stacks of white bills are, once a year, layered with pastels. But here we don't have a postal service or if we do I've never heard about it. We don't even have a mailbox, our doorman hands us our bills, which I assume are hand delivered to him. So, last year I just looked forward to the other good things about a birthday, like birthday cake and licence to drink as much as I feel like...But my mom surprised me and sent a packet of birthday cards from all sorts of people to the school. This was impressive, the kids couldn't believe it..."Wow, Missis, so many people love you." (I can understand how this would be shocking to them.)
This year you did it again. And it really made my day. So thanks to everyone who sent a card!! And to those who didn't I'll just assume that your card is with my doorman.

1 comment:

Angela Straw said...

Sarah

We hope you have a good birthday!

Ang & Adam