Saturday, November 21, 2009

fever

I am writing this to you from the grips of a tortuous fever. It's been three days now, three days of aches, chills, sweats and splitting headaches. My whole body hurts, even the tops of my feet are sore. The worst part is that I made Brad sick too. I started to feel sick on Thursday morning, he went down about 12 hours later.
We make a pretty pathetic pair, you would cry if you saw us, curled up on the couch, huddled under two blankets a piece in 80 degree weather. The only thing that seems to bring any relief is a hot shower, but that requires standing, and that takes a lot of effort.
The other sad thing, and this might really make you cry, is that we had to miss the early Thanksgiving celebration, going on right now. There's a ham there, and I haven't had pork in months. Months! I was so looking forward to that ham.
Instead I'll have what I've been eating for the past 7 meals, water and toast. Maybe I'll find the strength to make a cup of tea...

2 comments:

Angela Straw said...

I am so sorry you both are sick! Hope you can get better this weekend, can you take a hot bath instead of a shower? We are thinking about you.

Love
A A & a

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

Jan