Saturday, May 29, 2010

you can take the girl out of Iowa...

It occurred to me last night when Brad stopped me on my sleepwalk to the kitchen that my dreams are being haunted by my mother's (and her mother's and her mother's mother's) words: "Never invite people over during dinnertime unless you plan to serve dinner." It also occurred to me that these Midwestern teachings shouldn't have to apply in Southern India, on the hottest day of my life. Yet, here I am, slaving away over the stove, stopping only to write this important message: come hungry party people. There will be food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And....you were recently peeved that someone else had not had these important rules instilled upon her when you showed up at dinner time and NO food. Huge mistake. You are not a good person to mess with when it comes to food.