Thursday, February 3, 2011

rats! and other excitements

I know the blog has been a little boring lately, but that's only because our lives have been a little boring lately. Our biggest excitement, if you want to call it that, came last Saturday, when we discovered yet another rat in the kitchen.

For real-time updates, I chronicled it all on facebook:





I have to say, knowing there's a rat in the house makes for some pretty poor sleeping. Brad and I figured the rat would stay in the kitchen with the food, but then, we're no rat experts are we? Or are we?! Anyway, I spent the night half-awake, imagining all sorts of rat horrors.  IT'S IN MY HAIR!!!!  But we were safe upstairs.

Downstairs the rat had ventured out onto the awaiting sticky traps, where it stayed put, but also stayed alive, making for a disgusting, but exciting Sunday morning.

Since then we've been rat-free, but I feel it's only a matter of time.

Also, since then, we've been doing a whole lot of not much.  And thus, the blog boringness.  I'll see if I can get things back on track. 

No comments: