Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cappadocia

Earlier, I told you that Cappadocia was neat. And now I intend to prove it. Imagine a place filled with alien rock formations and grapevines. We’ve spent our days here mountain biking, hiking, and exploring. The caves surrounding the town of Gormeme, where we’re staying, have all been carved out as pigeon-poop storage units, used as fertilizer for the wine. But Brad and I didn’t do our research before getting here, so we thought the caves were old homes, and thought the holes in the wall were wine storage units! Shows where our priorities lie. But really, we weren’t so crazy to think that. Here, where there are not rocks, there are vines.

We’ve continued to enjoy the greatness of Turkish hospitality. Great people (except the hot-air balloon pilot/butthead, I’ll tell you more about him later) great food, great wine and kindness and helpfulness everywhere. When you walk into a restaurant here you see the entire family. When the sardine seller walks through the streets he gets swarmed by the neighborhood cats. When we (or I) accidentally leave an umbrella someplace, it’s in the exact same spot the next day.

Plus, we've had this amazing scenery and great weather.














The above is a special picture of Brad.  I don't think he could look dweebier if he tried.

Yesterday we survived a hot-air balloon ride.  Today we're going to a museum, something I normally try to avoid, but I hear this one's good.  Tonight we fly to back to Bodrum, then we're off to Greece.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this pic of Brad..I would like one for my refridgerator please. xo Michaela
Counting down the days!

Anonymous said...

brad doesnt look dweebie