Friday, May 27, 2011

results

Well, the results are in, and it looks like you've chosen to keep reading this thing.  Most of you that is.
One person voted for me to knock it off, and I just want to know WHO?! Who exactly, is making you read this blog?  YOU HAVE RIGHTS!  You don't have to read this.  Tell that person to knock it off, "Hey!  Stop making me read this blog. I hate it."  That's what you should do.

Another three of you voted to stop reading until I have a baby, and I suspect that all three of those people are my mother-in-law.  And I just want to say, for the record, that sometimes mother-in-law is an ugly word, but not for me.  My mother-in-law is a wonderful, beautiful person, who will have her baby wish in about two years time(ish).

I think until then you can look to this blog as the place where Martha Stewart's replacement got her start.  Recently, I've become obsessed with knitting and crocheting, so you might hear a lot about that.  So far I've crocheted cows for the middle school dance (a night at the O'Cows, some crazy pun on India and the Oscars) and a bee-hat for the winner of the 8th grade spelling bee.

Also, you might hear some things about cooking.  Or at least you should, because I now have an obligation to my husband to cook.  A lot.  One night, you see, Brad woke up from a deep sleep.  He could sense that I was up to something, call it husbandly instinct.  When he walked into the living room he found me there, in front of the blue glow of the computer, filling my Amazon shopping cart.  Mixer, knives, pots, pans, aprons, measuring cups, spoons, blenders, crockpots, cookbooks....
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" he thundered.  "How much did you just spend?"
But you know, I've been living the life of a monk these last four years.  We own almost nothing.  Right now, we don't even have a can opener.  And I guess I just went a little nuts, I snapped.
So, yeah, I'll be cooking, putting that stuff to good use.  That's my solemn promise.

But right now, and for the next two weeks, we're gonna be all about India.  Incredible India. I think I might actually miss it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hve a pretty darn spiffy mom-in-law too. Enjoy your last few days sweetie. Can't wait to exchange a few recipes! xo DeAnn

Ashley said...

OK--I didn't get in on the vote, but I vote that you should continue this blog! Gonna miss you something bad here in India.