Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Do you want the good news? Or the bad news?

The bad news: Brad and I sat through almost four hours of Bingo last night and didn't win a thing. We instead got to watch children win new cell phones, ipods and plane tickets. A girl who was maybe seven won a hot water heater (?) and one of my eighth graders won a gift basket that among other things had four cans of Heineken (??)

The good news: We aren't too sad about not winning a trip to Panama because we are going to Santa Marta this weekend. We decided to make it easy on ourselves and booked a room at an all-inclusive hotel:
http://decameron.com/eng/colombia/santa_martha/overview.html
It won't be a genuine Colombian experience, but I think we've had about enough of that.

The bad news: The camera has been picky about when it wants to work. Brad did some research and found that his camera model can have wiring problems if it has spent too much time in a hot, humid environment, which of course, it has. Canon will fix it for free, but we have to ship it to them. So, the blog may be without pictures for a while. Or maybe I'll just buy myself a camera for my birthday.

The good news: The air in my classroom is back on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!

'tober 1st

Love Adam and Ang