Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Loyal Readers,
I will be on the beach and away from electricity over Thanksgiving. So, although this is a bit premature I wanted to give you my Thanksgiving blessings sooner, rather than later.

I am thankful for my family and friends at home.
I am equally thankful for my newly found friends here, who are certainly unique, some might even say strange.

I am thankful that Colombia beat Argentina in tonight's soccer match.
I am a little less thankful that the Hawkeyes lost to Western Michigan, but still thankful to be a Hawkeye.

I am thankful that Katie is coming home.
I am thankful that I am coming home (25 days! Get ready party people!)

I am thankful for the things that I was able to have because I was born in the United States, i.e. clean drinking water, city sewers, an emergency response system, free public education, libraries, the postal service...
I am also thankful that the US will soon be electing a new president!

I am thankful for the delicious fruits of the tropics.
I am anticipatorily thankful for my parents' good home cookin' come Christmas.

Enjoy your good home cookin' or catering or whatever it is that you feast on over Thanksgiving. We're going back to Tyrona so I'll be feasting on fish, or garlic shrimp, I can't decide.

Thank you,
Lots of love,
Happy Thanksgiving,
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Fish eating and beach laying to you and Brad this Thanksgiving! I'm anxious to see you guys in a few weeks! Put on your sunscreen! Miss you!

xoxo-Mick