Friday, December 7, 2007

Straw Family Vacation Destination: COLOMBIA!

The Straws are coming to Colombia! Here's a copy of the email I sent in repsonse to the news that they had purchased their plane tickets:

Hi Family!
I am pumped! Colombia 2008 is going to be the best family vacation ever! We will bond over our common stomach ailments, show strength as a family against kidnappers, get rich smuggling cocaine. Just kidding! None of those things will happen. Unless you want to smuggle cocaine, and then you're on your own.
Seriously I am excited and I have some homework for you all:
1) Watch Romancing the Stone
2) Read 100 Years of Solitude and Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
3) Read this Wikipedia article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartagena,_Colombia
4) Pick at least 3 restaurants from this page
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/South_America/Colombia/Departamento_de_Bolivar/Cartagena-1578306/Restaurants-Cartagena-BR-1.html
5) Learn how to dance
There will be a test over this. If you fail, I will leave you at the airport.

I leave for Iowa a week from tomorrow!
Woop-woop!!!!!

Love you,
Sarah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am protesting!!! Vacation is for relaxing, since when do we get a reading assignment!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I denounce my lifelong membership in the Batchelder family to become a Straw and take a vacation. Let's be honest, I was half-raised by and with Straws, so I totally qualify.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah...I love your blog. Hope to see you when you return to Iowa.

Tom and Andrea Viner

Anonymous said...

Hmmm i wonder which of the above comments is from an individual studying to become a lawyer. Surely not the kind soul that would denounce their kinfolk as though they were changing membership in a book of the month club. For shame.

P.S.

I'll totally fight David for his spot in the family. I only require a spoon and shoelace as weapons.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to a great 2008 Columbia year! Lots of parties on your schedule, so keep the pics coming! Do they have monkeys?
You should buy one anyway.
I'd buy you an emu, but you're too far away.
Remember: on the other hand......you have different fingers!