Thursday, January 24, 2008

Garabatos

Los garabatos is a parade featuring the economically elite of Barranquilla. People from the country club dance down the streets of the northern part of town. Like any Carnival event everyone who came to watch the parade was armed with a can of foam and a bottle of rum.
Our friend Leslie brought me a CD of the pictures:

Leslie and Amber are standing in front of our new piece of art.


I did a flying leap into the picture and then immediately got foamed. Everyone, no matter what their age, carries a can of foam during Carnivals. The potential spraying targets are limitless, even old people get foamed. Kids are really into it, and because I saw almost every single one of my students at the parade I was drenched in foam by the end of the night.



It was my job to make sure the alcohol didn't get stolen.

No comments: