Thursday, January 17, 2008

The only reason I haven't been blogging is because my life is really boring...

I keep thinking that I should put up a new post and then I spend about 5 minutes thinking: What could I possibly write about?
Here are the exciting things I've been doing:
Yesterday a 7th grader got his finger stuck in a plastic locker shelf. The shelf was free from the locker so he came to me for help with a pink piece of plastic hanging from his hand. I thought it was hilarious so I took him around to all of the other teachers on the pretense of seeing if they could help before sending him to the nurse.
Brad and I went to an art fair and bought a lamp, some cups, 2 bowls and 7 refrigerator magnets.
I made a New Year's resolution to work out 5 days a week, so I've been at the pool every day after school. Lap swimming is difficult in Colombia though, because Colombians have this thing about personal space: it doesn't exist. So if I get into the pool and there's only one other person in the pool, that person will come to where I am swimming without fail. I guess it's their way of showing me that they like me.
I've only thrown up one time since we've been back and I think it was just from some greasy food, which never sits well with me.
My fight with American Airlines continues and probably will until I give up.
That's about it. We will do some real excting things this weekend and take pictures so that the next post will be more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buy a monkey! That will entertain you. Oh, they can swim too.