Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A scene from my classroom

The bell rings
Kids are screaming
I start walking to the back of the room to investigate saying, “All right, settle down, take your seats, EEEEEEIIIIIIIAAAAAA!!! What is it?!!”
“A bat!!! A bat!! It’s dead. Ay, mississ, do something it’s so gross!”
Covering my face I start yelling, “Enrique, go get the janitor. Jose, stop poking it. Ohmygodohmygodohmygod."
"EEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I think it just moved."
Total chaos.
The whole room is yelling, “It’s alive, it’s alive!”
Pulling at my hair, I'm shouting, “Paul, don’t you dare touch that with your bare hand.”
Paul, touching it with his bare hand, looks up and says, “Don’t worry, it’s dead.”
By this time I’m actually gagging, “Where’s the janitor?! Paul, I mean it, don’t touch that. Eduardo, that’s not funny. Don’t you bring that toward me, Paul.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bats are just rats with wings...what's the big deal?

Adam