Monday, December 1, 2008

good news

Brad and I were originally going to be back in Iowa from the 16th to the 31st. I booked the tickets while I was home and not feeling homesick, but lately we've been thinking two weeks is not nearly enough. So, for a small (not really) fee we changed our return flight to the 8th. I'm sure it will be worth it.

We just got back from our Thanksgiving vacation. We went to an island with a group of friends and had a great time, such a great time that I mostly forgot to take pictures, but I can describe it for you: perfectly clear blue water, a hammock hut, murder mysteries and really intense sun. It was so hard to leave and even harder to go back to work because...

The Christmas play is tomorrow. It has been awful, so stressful. Even after months of practice and after school rehearsals the kids still don't know their lines and miss their entrances. But the elementary principal came to dress rehearsal today with a lot of encouragement. After watching me get up on stage and manhandle a girl into place, screaming, "Am I speaking a language you understand? Stand next to Tiny Tim!" She told me that the kids have a way of miraculously pulling it together. And that's exactly what we need...a miracle.

4 comments:

Laura said...

i am jealous you will be back next week?! Reserve some time when i get there on the 20th!!

Daniel Dean Lewis said...

HOOOORAAAAY!!!

Sarah said...

I should clarify. We're still coming home on the 16th, just not leaving till the 8th. God I wish we could come home on the 8th....that would be amazing!

Laura said...

oh crap...you did say return flight in the post, i was confused apparently. I blame it on being pregnant. ha. either way. yay for being home longer. cant wait to see you.