Wednesday, November 3, 2010

pretty, easy

Tadapani to Ghandruk
Day Four

On day four we had a pretty and easy walk down the mountain to Ghandruk, a small town in the middle of trekking country.  It's a funny thing, hiking.  We got to Ghandruk early in the afternoon and with a whole day to fill, to do whatever we wished, we chose to....take a walk.






When you go to Nepal (I say when, not if, because I know you can't resist!) bring candy!  Kids all along the way ask, "Sweet? Sweet?"  We weren't prepared for this, and didn't have a single piece of candy.  After we gave out all our pens and cough drops, I had to improvise. 

So I turned to my greatest talent: drawing.  HA!

The kids didn't seem too disappointed, they still let me take their picture. 

2 comments:

Angela Straw said...

Your trip looks really nice, Abby loves looking at the pictures.

Ang and Abby

Anonymous said...

While you were doing that your mom and I were in Lake View on our annual girls' weekend at Sara's cottage. Not quite the same thing but we had fun anyway.

Jan