Wednesday, January 6, 2010

made

The Christmas vacation post is in the works, I think I will get it up this weekend. But in the meantime, this:
Our maid phoned the other night to ask us to, "Please be keeping the door closed, madam, because there is a snake in your garden." !!!
Of course my first question was, what kind of snake?! There are cobras all over this place. But she assured me it was just a little snake and that she would tend to it the next day.
My lame response: "Ok, well, please be careful."
I was already feeling pretty bad, putting this woman in harm's way, but the next day I got this note:
Thank you mam. Ok mam. Today my birthday. Fridge inside I put some cake. Please take it mam.
Sure enough, there was a full-on birthday cake in the fridge, frosted, decorated, the works.
And she cleans our house top to bottom five times a week.
I love her.

3 comments:

Jan said...

But did she get rid of the snake???

Jan

fpp, baby said...

Wanna Trade?
Maribel misunderstood when we were getting back and will be here next week and we got Amazon funk all over our dungarees!
God Forbid we actually do anything ourselves!

Sarah said...

I guess she killed it because I haven't seen a snake. But maybe it's just found a better hiding spot. Eeeek!
Frank, call Trini. She's da bomb! And no, of course you should not be doing your own laundry.