Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Poon Hill

Poon Hill
Morning of Day Three


The trip up Poon Hill was only part of day three, but it deserves its own post.  The thing to do with Poon Hill is to get up and climb it before sunrise, which meant we should have gotten up at 4:30.  But since we missed the 4:30 alarm, and didn't get hiking until 5 we had to really haul it up the hill.  I felt like I was sprinting, and at that point the air was a little thin. We made it in time to see the sunrise, but at a price: I was sure I was going to puke.

Even after we got to the top, and after calming the puke urge, I was still pretty crabby.  I was crabby about getting yanked out of bed before dawn in the middle of my vacation just to sprint up a mountain in freezing cold weather.  But, eventually my mood improved. The views alone were worth the trouble, we had a complete panorama of some of the world's tallest mountains.  The Nepali Starbucks at the top also made things considerably better.  





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kid in the last photo on Brad's right takes his Poon Hill a little too seriously if you ask me.